Torrens Families Genealogy
These are a collection of Torrens family trees which give the state of our current knowledge on the Bann Valley and other Torrens families.
There is no reason why other named families should not also be presented here - but this will not happen until someone presents me with a suitable tree so if you have a relevant GEDCOM file, use the Contact button!
Much of the early data is highly speculative. Therefore there are copious notes in the trees to indicate why we think the data fits like this. I welcome any feedback, corrections, additional data or different ways of viewing the known facts.
- Mayoghill, Hugh
- Robert (1736)
- Robert, Jean's brother, founded an American line. Data mainly taken from Jared Sidney Torrens' book.
- Culnamen, John and Jean
- There are too many descendants for a single tree, so this is the (highly speculative) ancestors tree and (eventually) trees of the five sons who had families. Jean is a daughter of Hugh of Mayoughill
- John's line
- Samuel's line
- Hugh's line
- Hugh Torrens of Drumsara
- Thomas' line
- Robert's line
- Dungiven line
- This line has very nearly died out - only one branch is known to still survive. However it contains most of the famous Torrenses including the Australian explorer and many military and clerical gentlemen.
Ther is an essay concerning a putative daughter of Sir Robert Richard Torrens
- Sergeant Hugh
- This tree is in part fictional: it is given here as published by Robert M Torrence. RMT's complete book has been transcribed, but see also The Early Hughs of the Torrens Family in Ulster
- Thomas Torrens of Larkhall
- This is the Canadian branch of the Torrece family. They originated from Larkhall, Scotland. This area of Scotland south of Glasgow is the source of most of the Torrens lines.
Ahttp://www.gallery.ca/english/library/biblio/ngc071.html www seach reveals trees that comnnect:
Top of page
© 2000-2009 Richard Torrens
Page's Author: Richard Torrens
Document URI: 188.8.131.52
Last modified: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:03:51 BST